This site is designed to be fully accessible for people with disabilities; please follow this link to change text size, color, or contrast; please follow this link for other accessibility functions for those with visual, mobility, and other disabilities.
ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center 24-hour phone consultation (for fee): 1-888-426-4435
- American Red Cross: Pet & Disaster Safety Checklist
Veterinary Medical Association Disaster Preparedness Series: Saving
the Whole Family
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA): First Aid Tips for Pet Owners
- American Veterinary
Medical Association (AVMA): What You Should Know About Household Hazards to Pets
- American Animal Hospital Association: Pet First Aid
- ASPCA National
Animal Poison Control Center web site
- Avian Emergencies
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC): Protect Your Pets in an Emergency
Injuries & First Aid for Companion Birds
- Dog Owner's Guide: Is it an emergency?
These conditions require immediate attention
- Emergency First Aid for Horses
- Frostbite on Pets
- How do you build a first aid kit for your pet?
- Preparing Your Pets for Emergencies Makes Sense. Get Ready Now. Developed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security In Consultation With American Kennel Club, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals,American Veterinary Medical Association, and the Humane Society of the U.S.
- University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine: Basic First Aid for Your Pet
- U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): Preparing For A Disaster: Planning For Pets & Livestock
- What To Do If Your Pet Is Poisoned